Last week, Open MIC @ Berkeley hosted a holiday party to celebrate the winners of the 2nd annual Molecular Imaging Center Image Contest. Members of the MIC community gathered to eat, drink, and be merry while watching a slide show of all 41 entries from the contest.
About 30 minutes into the party, I had the pleasure of announcing our top 13 finalists, all of whom are featured in our 2017 MIC Wall Calendar. The top 3 finalists received a copy of the MIC calendar, an Amazon gift card, and a framed enlargement of their winning image.
A sincere thank you to Zeiss Microscopy, who generously sponsored our contest. We’d also like to thank our illustrious panel of judges:
- Katie Bertsche – Science at Cal
- Jonathan Cristison – Cell Press
- Maya Everett – Zeiss Microscopy
- Kayley Hake – Ph.D. candidate (King Lab); 2nd Prize winner from the 2015 contest
- Mary West – Director of the QB3 imaging facility in Stanley Hall
- Russell Vance – Director of the Cancer Research Laboratory
Here are the slide shows featuring all of the entries, as well as the top 13. Congratulations to all our image contest winners!